Our products include thermostable enzymes from Thermotoga petrophila which offers potential benefits in the degradation of lignocellulosic substrates. The thermostable cellulases and hemicellulases were genetically engineered, cloned and produced using our patent-pending technology and are promising in their categories in successful degradation of lignocelluloses at high temperature (>85◦C). Each of the cellulases and hemicellulases offer the following advantages:
• Higher specific activity requiring less enzymes
• Fast scale-up and production
• Enhanced stability at high temperature
Our goal at EnzymatiX is to produce efficient and cost effective enzymes and enzyme blends, which are efficient at, elevated temperature. This would result in higher reaction velocities, less risk of contamination and enhanced solubility of substrates, thus making them attractive in biofuels and other biotechnological processes, which require harsh conditions.
The fluorescently labeled oligosaccharides or the kit contains the reagents and fluorescent labeled oligosaccharides required to measure different carbohydrate degrading enzyme activities. Glycans are labeled with a fluorophore, APTS or ANTS, at the reducing terminus by reductive amination. The stoichiometry of labeling is such that only one APTS or ANTS molecule is attached to each molecule of oligosaccharide. These highly charged and fluorescent oligosaccharides are easily resolved in an electric field and detected using laser-induced fluorescence.
The EnzymatiX fluorescently labeled substrates offer following advantages:
1) Ready to use pre-labeled substrates
2) Stable at room temperature upto 24 hours
3) Quantitation can be done on capillary electrophoresis as well as microfluidic chip electrophoresis
4) Rapid and low cost quantitation can be achieved by using microfluidic chip electrophoresis